We welcome all ages and it’s completely safe! Don’t worry if you can’t swim, our cage includes handle-bars within the cage for you to hold-on to. Shark Tours are available throughout the day. Each tour leaves Haleiwa Harbor and lasts approximately 2 hours.
SHARK TOUR PRICING
(MILITARY AND KAMA’AINA DISCOUNTS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE VIA CALL TO BOOK. VALID ID REQUIRED AT CHECK-IN.)
SHARK CAGE SNORKEL ADULT AGE 13+
– Standard (retail price $120) Special $96.00
– Kama`aina / Military / Student / Group $85.00
SHARK CAGE SNORKEL CHILD AGE 3-12
– Standard $60.00- Kama`aina / Military $50.00 BOAT RIDER ADULT AGE 13+
– Standard $70.00- Kama`aina / Military / Student / Group $60.00
BOAT RIDER ADULT AGE 13+
– Standard $70.00
– Kama`aina / Military / Student / Group $60.00
BOAT RIDER CHILD AGE 3-12
– Standard Child $45.00- Kama`aina / Military $35.00
– Infant (UNDER 2) FREE
– FROM WAIKIKI AND KAHALA- Only $55.00
- INFANTS AGE 2 AND UNDER ARE FREE BUT MUST BE ADDED TO YOUR BOOKING. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND TOURS AFTER 9 AM FOR INFANTS.
- KAMA`AINA = LOCAL RESIDENT WITH VALID HAWAII ID OR DRIVERS LICENSE – ONE ID COVERS YOUR WHOLE PARTY AND MUST PRESENT TO CREW TO QUALIFY.
- MILITARY = ANY PERSON HOLDING A VALID MILITARY ID – ONE ID COVERS YOUR WHOLE PARTY AND MUST PRESENT TO CREW TO QUALIFY.
- STUDENT = ANY STUDENT HOLDING A VALID SCHOOL ID (ANY SCHOOL) – ONE DISCOUNT PER SCHOOL ID AND MUST PRESENT TO CREW TO QUALIFY.
- GROUP = BASED ON ADULT CAGE SNORKEL ONLY – IF 10 OR MORE ADULTS GO INTO CAGE, THE GROUP RATE APPLIES. IF 9 OR UNDER, THE DISCOUNTED RETAIL RATE APPLIES.
- LISTED PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE TAX
- CHARTER RATES AVAILABLE – CONTACT US
STEP BY STEP BOOKING INSTRUCTIONS
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
You’ll need to know a few things first.
Will you rent a car or purchase our pickup service?
- Rent a car – Best option. Since we take only 2 hours of your time, you’ll have the rest of the day to see and do other things after or before your tour. Shopping, dining, beaches, sightseeing, snorkeling, and other activities await you. If you pickup your car on the day of your tour, please be the first in line and you should be able to arrive in time for our 11 am tour or later. If you pickup your car before your tour date, you will be able to select any tour time.
- Shark Van – We have a pickup option available for our 7 am, 9 am, 11 am, or 1 pm tours on a space available basis with pickup times at 5:30 am, 7:15 am, 9:45 am, and 11:45 am. Earlier tours are recommended as it usually provides calmer ocean conditions and a better experience, especially if you’re prone to motion sickness. From pickup to return, we take 4 hours of your time. Since we set one pickup time for all locations, due to the fact that our driver needs to be at multiple locations at the same exact time, please arrive 10 minutes early for your pickup and allow up to 20 minutes for our driver to arrive. You may call us at 808-228-5900 or we may call you if we have your U.S. area code cell phone number. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE AREA OR WE MAY MISS YOU AND YOU WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. Price for our shark van is $59.40 after tax per seat. Infants 2 and under are free as long as they are able to sit on a parent’s lap.
- Taxi – About $250+ round trip for up to 6 guests.
- City Bus – The most affordable route. Keep in mind that it takes about 2-3 hours EACH WAY from Waikiki.
Have more than 1 tour date option just in case your first option is unavailable.
Please have ready the following before making a booking.
- U.S. area code cell phone number that you’re going to use while in Hawaii. Sorry we cannot use International numbers.
- Email address – We will send you a user friendly confirmation email which will include all the information you’ll need to find us or your pickup details.
- Hotel name – Required if you purchase our pickup option. Even if you don’t, this information allows us another option to contact you if we need to.
- Credit card number – Required to make a booking. If you book on our website, your card will be charged in full. If you call us at 1-808-228-5900 any day between 6 am and 6 pm Hawaii time to make your booking, you’ll have the option to hold your booking without charge and pay after the tour by cash or credit. Our cancellation policy will apply.
READY TO BOOK
Just follow these simple steps. Remember, you can also call us to at 1-808-228-5900 any day between 6 am and 6 pm Hawaii time. Information marked with the asterisk ** is required to complete your booking.
- Hit the BOOK TOUR button on this page.
- Select your month and year by the drop down menu’s.
- Search for your desired date and tour time.
a. The earlier tour times are better since the ocean conditions are calmer, allowing for the best available overall experience.
b. If you have an infant, we recommend any tour time up to 9 am. For child comfort, please do not book any tour after 9 am.
c. Our pickup service is available on the 7 am, 9 am, or 11 am tours. If you need to book the 1 pm tour with pickup service, call us at 808-228-5900 any day between 6 am and 6 pm Hawaii time for availability.
d. If you require a wheelchair, you must drive to our location. Please call 1-808-343-5944 any day between 8 am and 6 pm Hawaii time.
- ** Select your passenger categories and enter your guest count – Each guest will book as either a CAGE DIVER or BOAT RIDER – NOT BOTH.a. Adults are any guests age 14 and over.b. Children are any guests age 3-13.c. Infants are any guests age 2 and under. Although they are free, you must book the infant for the boat portion and transportation (if purchasing).d. Military and Local Residents – A valid Military or Hawaii ID is required for the discount and covers all members in your party. There are no discounts on the pickup service.e. Students – A valid school ID is required for the discount and covers only the student. Select the Military rate and show your ID to our crew after your tour is completed. There are no discounts on the pickup service.f. Groups of 10 or more – Applies only to ADULT CAGE DIVERS. If you book online and will have 10 or more adults inside the cage, you qualify for the Military rate for your whole party. If by the end of the tour less than 10 adults end up in the cage, our regular rates apply and we’ll issue a partial refund. You can also call our groups department at 1-808-343-5944 any day between 8 am and 6 pm Hawaii time and secure your booking with a credit card. You will be given the option to pay after the tour by cash or credit and be informed of your cancellation policy.g. Private Charters – Book the boat and cage all to yourselves and your party will spend up to an hour inside the cage. Please call our groups department at 808-343-5944 any day between 8 am and 6 pm Hawaii time and secure your booking with a credit card. You have 0the option to pay after the tour by cash or credit and you’ll be informed of your cancellation policy.
- ** Where are you staying? Enter your hotel name here –a. Hotels – This selection MUST be entered if you are purchasing our pickup service. Our pickup service is NOT available for Ko ’Olina area hotels, Turtle Bay, Makaha, or Laie and is only available for Waikiki hotels, Pier 7, and the Kahala Hotel. If your hotel is not listed, select UNLISTED. If you haven’t determined your hotel yet, select OTHER.b. Private Residence – Select this option if staying at a private residence.
- ** I need to be picked up at $55 per person – Required only if you purchase our pickup service. Your pickup location will be either at your hotel or within a short walking distance. DO NOT click the box if you are arriving to our location on your own.a. Check the box – to purchase our pickup service and you will find out your pickup time and location. Click VIEW THEM and you’ll find your pickup details, a map to your pickup location, and a picture of our shark van.b. Leave the box unchecked – if you are arriving on your own and you will be informed of your check-in time. Select VIEW THEM and our address, map, and drive times will be displayed.
- How did you hear about us? Optional.
- Booking total. Your credit card will be charged upon completion of your booking. We accept VISA, MASTERCRAD, AMEX, and DISCOVER.
- ** Enter the lead person’s first and last name – We prefer the name which your hotel room is booked under.
- ** Enter your phone number – We prefer a U.S. area code cell phone number.
- ** Enter your email address.
- Get future email updates from us – Optional.
- ** Enter your credit card information – The required fields are:
a. Credit card number.
b. Exact name on credit card.
c. Expiration month.
d. Expiration year.
e. CVC code.
- Select the COMPLETE BOOKING button.You will receive an important confirmation email with all the information you’ll need. It is crucial to check the details and look for errors. If there is an error and you don’t show up for your tour because of it, we will not issue a refund. If you find an error, reply to the email you receive or call our customer service department at 1-808-343-5944 any day between 8 am and 6 pm Hawaii time and we’ll be more than happy to fix the error for you. It is also important to become familiar with our cancellation policy. We’ll see you soon.
If you book on our website, your credit card will be charged in full and you may not be able to take full advantage of our military discounts for your family until after the tour when a partial refund will be credited to you. If you call us at 1-808-228-5900 any day between 6 am and 6 pm Hawaii time, we can apply all military, kama’aina, or student discounts before your tour and you will have the option to pay after the tour by cash or credit. If we cancel on you for any reason or if you don’t see sharks, you don’t pay!
ADULT (Age 14+) Special $96.00 (retail price $120.00)
CHILD (Age 3-13) $60.00
INFANT (Age 2 & under) Free
MILITARY / LOCAL RESIDENT / STUDENT ADULT $85.00
ADULT (Age 14 +) $70.00CHILD (Age 3-13) $45.00
INFANT (Age 2 & under) Free
Pickup Service – Roundtrip
Per seat on the shark van $55.00
All prices are subject to tax and harbor fee
All guests who are not part of any military, or local resident of Hawaii, or student. Standard rates apply.
Military Active or Retired
Any active member of a military organization in the world. A valid military I.D. is required and the discount applies to all members in your party. For retired military, this discount applies only to you. Please don’t forget to mention the military rate.
Kamaaina or Local Resident
Any person holding a valid Hawaii I.D. or if you’re able to provide a utility bill such as electric, water, landline phone, it must be in your name. Your discount applies to all members in your party.
Any person holding a valid student I.D. from any school in the world. The discount applies only to the student on the I.D. and not the whole party.
Select the Military rate if booking online or call us and mention it.
WHAT HAPPENS ON SHARK TOURS?
THE DAY BEFORE
Your experience begins the day before your tour with a phone call, text, or email to remind you of your tour the next day. If provided to us, we prefer to call your cell phone number (U.S. area code only) but if we don’t have it, we’ll call you in your room, send you a text, or send you an email (if we have it). Please be aware to look for our messages or expect our calls. If we don’t have a U.S. cell phone number, hotel name, or email address, we will be unable to remind you so please provide us with the information as much as possible. We prefer to have all 3 pieces of information and if you want, you can always call us any day before your tour date to reconfirm your booking.
MOTION SICKNESS REMEDY – THIS WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND
If you’re prone to motion sickness, it is popularly known that a remedy works best if you start taking it the night before but since people react to them differently, we recommend that you seek one and follow the directions on the box.
DATE OF ACTIVITY
Your tour begins by arriving to our shark shack (map) 30 minutes before your tour departs. Upon check in, we will show you where to park your car (free parking) and where to use the restroom. There are no restrooms on the boat so you may want to use this time to change into your swimwear or do your business. Our shark shack is located at 66-105 Haleiwa Road in the Haleiwa Small Boat Harbor.
If you purchase our transportation option, we will pick you up from centralized locations in Waikiki, Pier 7 at Aloha Tower, or from the Kahala Hotel and return you back approximately 4 hours later. Sorry, we do not pickup from the Ko ’Olina area, Turtle Bay, Laie, or Makaha. The local city bus takes between 2-3 hours each way from Waikiki, renting a car might be cheaper than our pickup service, and a taxi will cost you about $250 + tip for round trip service from Waikiki for up to 6 guests. Children age 2 and under on our pickup service travels free as long as he / she sits on a parent’s lap. If you bring a child seat, it will take up a seat on the van and we will charge for the seat. Sorry, we cannot accommodate wheelchairs on our pickup service. Upon booking, you’ll be informed of your pickup service which is round trip only and does not allow extra time after your shark tour to visit the area. If you decide to return back to Waikiki on your own, please know that we do not issue a partial refund.
THE SHARK SHACK
Our shark shack is a small, 2-person, wooden shack painted white with aqua trim and is located alongside the water in the harbor. When you check in here, we’ll show you where the free parking is located and where the restrooms are. The shack is equipped with a limited supply of bottled water, underwater camera, souvenirs, suntan lotion, and other items for purchase; pricing available at the shark shack.
BOARDING / DEPARTURE
When our crew completes preparation, we’ll begin the boarding process by asking you to remove your footwear and place them in a basket which stays on the boat during the whole tour. We do this because the bottom of your feet has better traction on our boat’s flooring surface than footwear; it is done for safety reasons. Once everyone is seated, we will start heading out and one of our crew members will begin with a safety briefing, provide details of our video option, and finalize our list of cage divers to break into 1-3 groups. If you want to change your mind and go into or stay out of the cage, tell us at this point. If you downgrade or upgrade, we will refund or collect payment accordingly.On the way out you may see flying fish, spinner dolphins, Hawaiian green sea turtles, surfers, and during our winter months, Humpback whales that migrate from Alaska. Our boat is equipped with rain guards should we experience rainfall and yes, we operate rain or shine.
In a short 15 minutes we arrive three miles out to see to our cage which is moored to the bottom of the sea in 400 to 600 feet of water. Our crew will then harness the cage and tie it down to the side of the boat. During this process, we will issue masks and snorkels (which we provide) while all cage divers are assigned into their groups. You are free to use your own snorkel equipment but fins are not required or needed.Once the groups are assigned, the first group will be given instructions on how to safely enter the cage (click here for video), please listen carefully since this is potentially the most dangerous point on the tour. Also, if you intend to purchase our video option, please inform our crew before entering the cage. You will now spend the next 20 minutes observing the wild sharks as they swim around and under the cage.The cage is equipped with handlebars welded into the upper-most and lower-most parts of the cage and measures about 10’ x 8’ x 8’. These handlebars allow guests to hold steadily onto the cage and is especially handy for non-swimmers. Also welded into the cage is a step-ladder which makes it easy to step down into the cage. If you are paraplegic, quadriplegic, or confined to a wheelchair, our crew will assist you into and out of the cage. If at any time you wish to exit the cage before your 20 minutes are due, simply wave to our crew and we will bring you in.While in the cage you will observe mostly the Galapagos and Sandbar shark species which can number from a few to tens and can measure up 12 feet in length. You will notice that these shark species are very curious, graceful, and non-aggressive as opposed to the rarely seen Tiger shark. You will also observe schools of tuna or other fish, maybe a barracuda, and whatever else that may swim by. If you visit while the whales are here, you may hear them singing in the distance and if they come close enough, you may even see them since clarity is usually always great. When done, the first cage divers will exit the cage and join the boat rider guests as we repeat the process for the second or third groups of cage divers.
Guests who join us as boat riders will spend the whole time moored at the cage watching the sharks from the boat and observing the cage divers. This experience is equally impressive as being inside the cage and allows all families and ages to participate without getting wet. Our crew will share their knowledge of these sharks and tell you why we get to see so many sharks every day. You will also have an opportunity to take-in the majestic landscape and shoreline of the North Shore and appreciate its beauty; this is why we are so lucky to live in Hawaii. Once all the cage divers are done, we will leave the cage and head back toward shore and after a short 15 minutes, while you relive the memories of coming face-to-face with wild sharks, we arrive back to the harbor. At this point, we will issue your video (if purchased), close out payments (if any) and offer souvenirs for purchase. Your footwear is then reissued back to you and you’re on your way back to Waikiki on our shark van (if trans option is purchased). If you rented a car, your next destination may be an eatery, shaved ice, beach, shopping, sky-diving, swimming, sunbathing, surfing, snorkeling, sight-seeing, etc. You are on the countryside with a car where there are many more things to do. Our tour will take only two hours of your time from check-in to completion. Thank you for choosing North Shore Shark Adventures.
CANCELLATIONS / CHANGES AND REFUNDS
You must notify us directly by phone or email if you need to make changes to or cancel a tour. We have a 24 hour cancellation / change policy (72 hours for groups of 10 or more) based on your tour start time and not calendar day. You will be charged in full per person for cancellations or changes made within 24 hours (72 hours for groups of 10 or more) of your tour start time or if you do not show up. We offer a full refund for cancellations or changes made 24 hours (72 hours for groups of 10 or more) or more in advance of your tour start time. On occasion, we must cancel or change tours. If this occurs, our responsibility is limited to a refund of any tour fees you’ve already paid to us. North Shore Shark Adventures is not responsible for airline tickets or fees, car rental costs, third-party transportation fees, taxi fares, and/or other fee penalties that you may incur as a result of any tour cancellation or change.
We reserve the right to make exceptions to the reservations and cancellation policy for any reason.